When it comes to a checklist for camping, outside of a few essentials it really is dependent on the person/people involved. The checklist below is aimed at those looking to take on a group camping holiday. You can take this list as a starting point and work out what gear is relevant to your particular trip.
For stripped back wild camping, this list will be much shorter to save space and weight when carrying. If you’re driving to a campsite, it’s a good idea to pack whichever items are relevant to you.
- Tent– always choose a larger berth than the number of people camping, this gives you extra space for luggage.
- Tent Accessories- these can include tent porch, tent carpet and tent footprint (depending on the tent you own)
- Spare Tent Pegs– nothing worse than bent tent pegs
- Mallet- ideal for knocking tent pegs into the ground.
- Duct Tape – you’d be surprised what can be fixed with tape
- Electric Hook up– adds electric to your tent, for the mod cons.
The sleeping checklist is applicable to most forms of camping, the gear may change but the items remain the same. Lightweight options are better for backpackers, while family campers may wish to indulge in a little more luxury with airbeds and camp beds.
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Mat/Airbed– whether roll mat or double airbed, this can add comfort and extra insulation during the night.
- Camp bed– a camp bed gets you off of the ground, and feeling like home.
- Extra clothing – the temperature does drop at night, layer up and you can remove layers as you get warmer during the night.
- Ear plugs– other campers can be loud; whether after you’ve gone to bed, or before you want to wake up.
Your camp can be whatever you want to make it, and with so many furniture choices and other add-ons to think about, you can truly create a home away from home. Or, you can just take the necessary items like bin bags to make sure you can leave your camp space as clear as possible. Leave no trace!
- Furniture– camping chairs and tables can go a long way to creating a great social area outside the tent or in the living area.
- Portable Toilet– ideal for the middle of the night, or with young children.
- Windbreak– good for campsite privacy, and of course keeping the wind away.
- Torch/ Headtorch– much needed for finding the loo during the night!
- Bin Bags – leave nothing behind
- String/Cord – can be used for binding, or an onsite washing line.
Camping Kitchen Checklist
Depending on your type of camping, could alter how this list may look for you. Wild campers will want a lightweight stove, and perhaps a single pan to cook with and eat from, while festival goers may have to follow strict rules over what fuel they can cook with at the festival site. Family and group campers may look to take substantially more as they aim to create meals while out camping, and with that comes all the accessories needed.
Water container– ideal for drinking water, or trips to the onsite tap.
- Stove and/or BBQ
- Gas/Charcoal– depending on your choice of cooking appliance.
- Low Wattage Appliances – to work with your electric hook up, for extra luxury
- Cooking utensils
- Tableware– plates, bowls, cups etc
- Basin – even if not used to wash the dishes, it will certainly help for carrying dirty dishes to the campsite wash area.
- Tin Opener – all the food and no way to open it is never good.
- Bottle Opener
- Wet Wipes
Health and Safety Checklist
You know your own health requirements; taking more personal medication than needed for the time period is of the utmost importance. Outside of this, standard first aid kits, sun cream and other essentials should also be part of your camping kit.
- Personal medications (plus extra)
- First Aid Kit
- Sun Cream
- Anti-bacterial handwash
- Insect Repellent
- Extra Batteries
- Pocket Knife
- Toilet Roll
And that’s all all folks!
Do visit our outlets to find out more details.
- Montanic Adventure Store Pavilion Shopping Mall Kuala Lumpur
- Montanic Adventure Store Imago Shopping Mall
- Montanic Adventure Store Suria Sabah Shopping Mall
- Montanic Adventure Store Vivacity Shopping Mall